State Plan Comments
2024 One-Year State Plan Amendment
The Administration for Community Living has provided guidance that States must complete an amendment of their current State Plan for Independent Living to extend the Plan for one additional year.
States have the option of a technical amendment, one that makes minor revisions, or a substantial amendment, one that makes changes that include funding, service areas, or major adjustments.
The Ohio SILC held meetings with members of the CIL network to discuss the current Plan and the types of changes that are needed to extend the Plan for an additional year. After the meetings, a draft of the revision has been created.
The workgroup reviewing the Plan has agreed that the State will submit a substantial amendment.
This draft has been reviewed by the State Plan Committee of the SILC. After the Committee review, the Ohio SILC accepted the Committee’s recommendation on moving forward in the process with a substantial amendment.
Administration for Community Living has been informed of the decision to move forward with a substantial amendment.
Download Updated Plan and Summary Notice:
Public Comment Opportunities
The draft amendment will be available on the Ohio SILC website for review until May 1st.
There will be two public forums for the State Plan with virtual attendance options
Updates in the Amendment by Section
Title Page and Executive Summary
- Updates to the Dates to end in 2024
Section 1: Goals, Objectives, and Activities
- Section 1.1 – No changes
- Section 1.2 – No Changes
- Section 1.3
- Current Objectives end on 9/30/23 as in previous Plan.
- New Objective added to Goal 1
- New Objective added to Goal 2
- New Objective added to Goal 3
- Section 1.4
- New Evaluation methods added for three new objectives.
- Section 1.5
- Financial Table amended to include FFY 2024
Section 2: Scope, Extent, and Arrangement of Services
– Section 2.1 – No changes
– Section 2.2 – Language changes added in Outreach Plan
– Section 2.3 – No Changes
Section 3: Network of Centers
- Section 3.1
- Compliance language added.
- Athens County added to Southeastern Ohio Center for Independent Living’s Part C Service Area.
- Section 3.2
- Base funding Levels increased for all Centers.
- Athens County removed as unserved county.
- Athens added to Part C Service Area included in language.
- Section 3.1
Section 4: Designated State Entity (DSE)
- Section 4.1 – No Changes
- Section 4.2 – No Changes
- Section 4.3 – No Changes
- Section 4.5 – No Changes
- Section 4.6 – No Changes
- Section 4.7 – No Changes
Section 5: Statewide Independent Living Council (SILC)
- Section 5.1 – No Changes
- Section 5.2 – No Changes
- Section 5.3 – No Changes
Section 6: Legal Basis and Certifications
- Section 6.1 – No Changes
- Section 6.2 – No Changes
- Section 6.3 – No Changes
- Section 6.4 – No Changes
Section 7: DSE Assurances
- No changes
Section 8: SILC Assurances and Indicators of Minimum Compliance
- No changes
Section 9: Signatures
- Changes to update CIL directors